Does this sound like you?
- Your website, message or branding doesn’t clearly represent your company anymore.
- You’re talking to the right people, but they’re confused as to what you offer or what you do (so your conversion rates are hurting).
- Your service and product offerings are all over the place — it looks like they’re all part of several different companies.
- You’re losing business from competitors, with inferior products or services as yours, because they have better branding or a cult-like following.
- You need to dial in your message BEFORE you spend money and pour gas on your marketing and advertising efforts.
- You’re ashamed and embarrassed because your brand looks like it’s stuck in the 90s.
- You’re not a creative person, nor do you have the in-house creative team to uplevel your brand.
- You have exquisite design taste, and need to work with the best. Your company is your “baby” and you have no plans to be “that person” with an ugly baby.
- You want to fast-track your company’s growth and dominate the industry. Perhaps even scale and sell the company in 2-3 years.
- Or, maybe you haven’t even launched your business altogether, but you have the capital to hire the best team and build a brand the right way.
If you relate to any of these statements…keep reading.
Let’s redefine brand “success”.
This may be a hard conversation for some of you. Why? Because many marketing agencies and experts have taught you to believe that a “successful” brand is defined in terms of likes, followers … or even money. The success of your brand has nothing to do with likes, clicks, followers or how much money you make. They may make you feel good but truthfully, whether you’re building a legacy business or scaling a business to sell, they don’t truly matter in the long run.
Don’t misunderstand us. You need marketing. You need the strategies and tactics to build an audience and acquire leads. And, you need to make sales if you want to be in business.
Branding truly is the foundation for everything in your business. Knowing on a deep level who your brand is — and what it stands for is far more important than a one-time customer or client.
We believe while marketing helps you eat, branding helps you sleep.
Why you need a Brand Strategy.
What is a Brand Strategy? Well, let’s start with the term ‘strategy’ (the elusive, intangible term that most people don’t always grasp). Merriam-Webster’s definition of strategy is “a careful plan or method for achieving a particular goal usually over a long period of time.” So, if you’re committed to building a brand over time… the question becomes: Why would you NOT have a Brand Strategy?
You have a Business Strategy. You have a Marketing Strategy. But what sits in between both is your Brand Strategy. Skipping ahead to Marketing Strategy without having Brand Strategy is the mistake most entrepreneurs and small business owners make. We believe before you start marketing, you should be clear who you’re marketing to, what your value proposition is, and why they should listen to you or your company. A Brand Strategy helps you:
- Align your employees and company culture behind a singular Vision.
- Brief your creative team or designers to craft your unique Visual Identity.
- Write marketing copy that resonates with your target audiences.
- Build a website that is consistent with the promise and experience of your brand.
- Implement more effective marketing campaigns and tactics.
- Enable your sales team to make sales faster…and from the ideal customers and clients.
It’s why we created the Branding Intensive.
What exactly is the Branding Intensive?
We created the Branding Intensive based on the simple understanding that there’s a difference between reading a book or taking a course on branding, and experiencing the branding process for yourself alongside a trained branding professional.
One of our biggest challenges (and frustrations) is there are way too many people who know that branding is important, but they always seem to put it on the back burner to all other business-building activities. Why? We ask ourselves this question all the time.
It’s easy to rationalize holding off on creating a Brand Strategy. We have seen time and time again. Businesses stay locked in the mindset they don’t need it yet, or they don’t need help from someone on the outside.
And yet we know from experience that even the best companies in the world have a hard time seeing themselves from the outside.
Trying to rebrand yourself will ultimately take you longer. You’re bound to do some guess work. You’re signing up for constantly testing and re-testing. All while having a lingering doubt of whether or not you’re positioning your brand in the best possible way.
But, it doesn’t have to be this way. We want you to get it right the first time.
The Branding Intensive is a strategic, collaborative and immersive experience with ONE goal: to co-create your Brand Strategy. With 25+ years of experience across 100+ different industries, from Fortune 500 brands, Inc. 5000 companies, and thousands of B2B and B2C brands, we guide you through the entire process. Our clients have credited us for helping them:
- Increase their revenues and profits (short-term and over time).
- Become market leaders in their industry.
- Achieve Inc. 500/5000 status as America’s fastest growing company.
- Increase their fees or not compromising their pricing to make a sale.
- Expand into new verticals or enter into new markets.
- Attract employees, affiliates, and strategic partners.
- And even re-inspire or transform their company culture.
Who is the Branding Intensive for?
Uncovering your Brand Strategy takes work, both on our part and more importantly, on yours. It’s not for people who are looking for a magic pill. The Branding Intensive is for people who:
- Have an exciting, innovative or purpose-driven business.
- Operate with integrity and a high degree of ethics.
- Have both emotional and business maturity.
- Are action-oriented and decisive.
- Have a sense of humor.
- Have high-standards, but are also reasonable and flexible.
- Collaborative, respectful, responsive, and easy to work with.
- Open-minded and growth-oriented.
- Value design and aesthetics.
- Will appreciate our team’s time, experience and talents.
What do you get?
The short answer: we build your Brand Strategy document. It’s a 20+ page deck that defines the many layers of your brand, enabling you to inform all of downstream decisions, including your marketing campaigns and initiatives. Specifically, we will help you:
- Understand and define your target audiences.
- Write your Brand Purpose statement.
- Identify your Brand Archetype.
- Create your Brand Architecture.
- Conduct a Competitive Review.
- Map your Brand Positioning.
- Articulate your Brand Promise.
- Develop your Brand Values, Brand Attributes.
- Define your Brand Voice.
- Crystallize your Value Propositions.
- Write your Creative Brief.
- Create a Messaging Matrix.
- Plan your Brand Implementation.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Will I Get A Logo In This Process?
If there’s one thing you should know about branding, it’s that your logo is not your brand. While logos are an important and symbolic part of your brand, we need to first define the brand before we can even think about creating a logo, selecting colors, writing copy, or even building a website.
What Exactly Do I Get?
Even though it’s mentioned elsewhere on this page, it’s worth repeating again here since it’s a top question we get all the time. The short answer: we build your Brand Strategy document. It’s a 20+ page deck that defines the many layers of your brand, enabling you to inform all of downstream decisions, including your marketing campaigns and initiatives.
How Do I Know If I Am Ready?
If you’re clear on your business and revenue model, and you have proof of concept for your products or services, then there’s no better time than now to work on your Brand Strategy. If you’re a “wanna-be” entrepreneur or not 100% committed to building your business, then focusing on branding right now is not the best use of your time or money.